Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Hugs from Jesus

I just had to write down this conversation I had with Mykelle this morning- it made me cry!

M:  Did we have a Grandma die?
T:  Yes, Grandma Mary died a couple years ago when she got really old.
M:  Why did she die?
T:  Because she got really old and her body stopped working so well, and she died.
M:  Can we still eat when we're old?
T:  Yes, of course!  Grandma May is really old (96) and you see her eating and watching TV and sewing and coming to family parties right?
M:  Is she going to die?
T:  Yes, someday her body won't work so well and she will die.  But she will be happy because-
M:  Because she gets to go to Heaven and be with Jesus!!
T:  Exactly!  She gets to be with all of her old family that's already in Heaven and she gets to be with Jesus and she'll be so happy!
M:  When we die I want to go with you.  I want to hold your hand and run to Jesus and give him a big hug together!!  I will be so happy!

I just hugged her and wiped the tears from my eyes over her head so she couldn't see.  What a tender hearted little girl I have!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It was so sweet. Mykelle is one in a million.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sorry to stalk your blog!! But my little sister just showed me your I'm A Mormon video, and I had to find you.

    I'm Mormon, too. I had Hodgkin's Lymphoma when I was 16. I'm 29 now. I have a little boy and a girl. And I just found another enlarged lymph node that they're "watching." So I have to say that your video really hit home...but it also reminded me that if this all happened again, it would be okay. Because Heavenly Father is with us, no matter what.

    I'm so impressed by you and by your family, and I'm encouraged and refreshed by your attitude. Thank you for sharing your story, your faith, and your self. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete