Background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Joy School Graduation

Emma, Calista, Cailee, Jeremy, Ridgedon, Mykelle, Kate, & Abby
   Our Joy School preschool co-op was a fun one this year!  Things got a little crazy with two mom's having babies, one mom expecting and not feeling the best, a new family joining mid-year, and me dropping out for most of the year because of being sick.   But, the kids had a wonderful time and they truly learned a lot!  The difference in Mykelle from the beginning of the year to the end was huge.  I am so grateful she had this opportunity and that all the moms really stepped up to offer their love and their homes, time, and energy, and especially grateful for the slack that was picked up when I was out of commission.  

   Graduation was fun!  We didn't want to do anything too crazy (after all, it IS only preschool) so we met at the park for fun on the playground (in above 90 heat!), a delicious potluck lunch and a quick 5-10 minute ceremony.  Perfect!  




Mykelle receiving her graduation certificate
   I am excited and nervous to have both kids doing Joy School again next year (and in the same class, YIKES!)




    The above picture is of my sweet children and my loads of fresh fruits and vegetables from the farmer's market.  I am so HAPPY my kids are finally at an age I can take them shopping with me and they don't run off in every direction (most of the time)!  When we go to the market I let each child choose their own fruit or vegetable to bring home and eat.  Evan chose a rock-solid nearly unripe orange and Mykee chose blueberries.  Don't worry, I'm not always this healthy with them :)  When we go to the bread outlet I let them each choose their own .35 cent bag of chips...

Notice the sandwich...
   Mykelle's favorite lunch/dinner food has got to be the good old-fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich.  I should film her eating it- she savors every last bit of her sandwich, sometimes with eyes closed while "mmmm"-ing and then licks her fingers when it's gone.  Evan on the other hand, doesn't really like PBJ's too much, though he'll eat most of it.  But first, he takes the sandwich apart and picks off the strawberries in the jam.  Then, he scrapes off all the jam with his finger.  Next, he scrapes off all the peanut butter and licks it.  Last of all, he eats the bread, saving the crust for last (which sometimes ends up in the garbage).  It's really kind of gross to watch!


   Many of the fruits and veggies I bought from the farmers market were to juice.  I have been "juicing" since some dear friends gave me a juicer.  I have heard from many people that I need to be doing it at least once a week to help my body be balanced and hopefully keep from getting cancer again.  I was given a recipe:  bok choy, carrots, anise, beets, apple, and parsley.  I usually leave out the parsley and add whatever fruit I have on hand- today's was blueberries and peaches.  It's fun to do and the kids love it!  Even Adam will drink it if I put a glass of it in his hand :)  The giant bowl above only made the tiny bowl of juice below- about 20 ounces!


Yum!  Juice mustache!
    Every time the kids and I go into our backyard they want to find bugs under the rocks.  In the video below we had found a centipede for Evan and a worm for Mykee.  Their interest in the bugs doesn't usually last too long!  Evan is pretending his centipede is a baby...






    Evan and Johnny did a Rock-a-Bye Reader class together where the teacher would read three books about a different animal each week, do an activity, and then make a craft.  They did spiders, frogs, caterpillars, chickens, and two others I can't remember.  At this class they were doing chickens and the activity was the silly chicken dance.  Fortunately, my camera kept shutting off and only filmed 6 seconds of the chicken song- I hope it doesn't get stuck in your head!


3 comments:

  1. Elephants was one. I can't remember the other one either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is just the summer cloths or the kids getting older or whatever, but they looked not only older but really cute [of course they ARE cute anyway]. Liked this blog post a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool that you let your kids pick out their own treats from the farmer's market. What a great idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete