Background

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My 15 Minutes...

... Okay so it's really more like 3 minutes and 7 seconds, but close enough!  Here it is:




I have to tell you, I was incredibly nervous to do this video, for a variety of reasons.  But mostly, I just didn't feel that I deserved a special video about me when I know so many people who have amazing lives and wonderful stories.  Then I had a friend tell me, "It's not about you, it's about your story, and if your story can touch even one person's heart, then it's worth making,"  He told me to stop being selfish and thinking it was about me!  It totally changed my attitude!  After hearing that, I went into the filming much more relaxed and optimistic.  My story is simple, my life is simple, and my faith is simple.  I'm very happy with how the video turned out.  Sure it's a video of my best side on my best days, but it truthfully portrays my overall outlook on life, my love for my family, and my faith in God.

5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, and is truly does show how amazing you are, Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy and relieved you beat that cancer. Life is truly precious. Thank you for reminding us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tesaa, thanks for sharing this. I am grateful to know I am not alone. I love this video. I have a little girl and a little boy too. They found my Hodgkins Lymphoma when my son was 4 weeks old. Had they found it when it first started growing, I would not have my son. I have one more 6 month check up and then I go to once a year. I'm nervous. Your courage helps me. Your smile helps me. I learning how to deal with fatigue and am starting counseling tomorrow. Your video reminded me to be grateful for the blessings in the midst of the struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, for your sweet comments on the post.

    Laura- So glad you have your son! Good luck at the sixth month check- I know it is scary to go from regular check-ups to such spaced intervals as a year, but it will be nice not to think about it for most of the year! Hope it all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just watched this again, and cried again. You are amazing, your story is amazing, and your faith is unstoppable. You are a hero and example to many!

    ReplyDelete