Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

January & Wonderful Kids

January has been busy!  We came home to NJ during the 2nd week and haven't slowed down since!

First of all, we found a new place to live!  And we are very much looking forward to it, even if we aren't too excited about the move...  We need to be out of our current place by March 1st.  Our new place is going to have so much more room to live and it will end up costing about the same, though the two downsides are that it adds forty minutes onto Adam's daily commute and there is little to no storage.  The good parts- we are going to have 3 bedrooms so the kids can have their own rooms again, a dining room with a REAL table (that's embarrassing to admit actually), a living room, and a huge kitchen with a bar and stools!  I am most looking forward to having a large kitchen for our family and a separate dining room.  It's a duplex where the other half of the house will be shared with another family from our ward, so cool to have such a great family close by!  I will definitely be posting pics and video of the new place once we're in.

I've been busy with Primary, Joy School, doc appointments, showing our apartment (since we broke the lease 2 months early), and trying to be a good mom and wife.  It's no more than you're average woman has to do, but I've been feeling the stress.  And I always think, maybe after this "event" or that "thing" is over I'll feel more at ease.  Shouldn't I know better by now??  I have noticed however that Mykelle and Evan ARE getting easier to handle.  Adam and I would always talk about how much easier they were going to be when they are 4 and 3 and we're finally there.  There are days where they will play together for hours just using their imaginations and enjoying each other.  It's nice not to have them demanding every minute of my day as they did when they were babies.  Yes, I do miss having a baby sometimes... but then I take a minute just to REMEMBER... and I'm content once again :)

Mykelle is growing into a wonderful little girl.  She's so excited to be "growing up."  I told her I never wanted her to grow up and to stay my little girl forever and she responded with, "Well Mom, we grow!  Maybe you will need to cut me in half!"  :)  She talks constantly of things like Princesses, friends, being a mom someday, and turning 5.  A day doesn't go by that she doesn't mention getting to meet the REAL Rapunzel when she turns 5 and Papa Skip takes her on a Disney Cruise.  We keep telling her she needs to be aware it might not happen when she's 5, but she seems to think the day she turns 5 is when all her dreams will come true!

Mykee has also decided she does not want to be called "Mykee" anymore.  It is Mykelle (with a heart at the end).  Though she's never complained when I call her Mykee, she has said quite bluntly to strangers and relatives both that her name is Mykelle, NOT Mykee.  We had to have a chat about her making her requests more polite and about the fact that "Mykee" is an endearing nickname that people sometimes use because they like her and feel close to her.  She seems to understand, but still prefers her full name.

Another really exciting thing about our big move... Mykelle will be able to start Kindergarten in the fall! I am SO excited for her.  I haven't felt that she's ready to start full day Kindergarten so I was going to keep her home another year.  But, in our new county the schools have 1/2 day Kindergarten and are really good schools!  And she is READY!  Just this morning she saw a box and told us it said, "Oh-pen" on it.  We had to have her say it several times before she figured out it said, "open."  And the other day she asked me if a garbage can read, "wast."  She hasn't yet figured out the complexities of words like "waste."

Another sign of Mykelle's readiness to read- she drew this picture of her holding my hand and I'm holding baby Evan.  She drew it while I was cleaning and came out to tell me she'd written, "I Love Mommy."  Sure enough, it's on there!  She wasn't sure what the first line was, the IME, but the next few letters spell out I  LV  MOME.  It says "I love Mommy" if you sound it out!  I was so proud of her! 
Evan and Mykelle are now in different Primary classes, Evan in his first real Primary class- Sunbeams!  Mykelle and I talked about CTR4 being called that because she is 4 years old.  I could see the wheels turning in her head... "Mom, how old are you?"  I told her 30 and she promptly asked if I was in a "CTR30" class.  So cute!  She really likes numbers and counting too- she may have received that strange accounting gene that seems to run in my family!  Her goal she made in Joy School was to learn to count to 120.  Evan's was to put his shoes on by himself (yeah, they're velcro, and he still can't do it yet...)

Evan is still being a little whiney and throws fits on occasion but he too is getting a little better behaved as he gets older.  But he does occasionally have problems with going to the bathroom...  For example- the other day he started yelling from the toilet.  I went in there and he was sitting on the pot holding his face and screaming, "PEE in my EYE!!  I got PEE IN MY EYE!!"  Yeah, that was totally laugh out loud funny!



Everywhere we go Evan wins people over with his contagious smile and happy nature.  Especially the ladies.  If he spots a pretty woman you can be sure he is making eyes at her and smiling to get her attention.  I have a feeling his dad may have been the same way when he was a little guy!

I know this blog post has been mostly about my kids but I have felt like I've neglected documenting their cute personalities and how quickly they are growing.  They are wonderful children and make me happy every single day.  I love being their mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment