Background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Joy School Experiments and Field Trips

I taught Joy School last Thursday and it was a full day of learning about interests and curiosity.  So we did a lot of "experiments" where we played with magnets, colors, Jell-O, sugar/salt/dyed water, seeing what items float and which sink, and doing all sorts of interesting things.  The kids were most excited about their yucky-looking brown colored pineapple Jell-O they colored with food dye then were able to eat as a snack later.  The next best part though was playing with food coloring in water trays and seeing what different colors they could make.  I was a little concerned about their clothes getting stained but they were really careful!





Then on Tuesday, to continue with interesting things to spark our children's curiosity, we went to the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City.  It was a really great field trip!  I wish I would have taken more pictures but I was having too much fun with the kids and all of the neat exhibits!














2 comments:

  1. This was a fun blog to read and look at. The Liberty Science Center looked cool, and your "experiments" at Joy School looked fun. I loved seeing all the pictures; what wounderful kids you have [course I could be a little biased]. I hope your kids appreciate how special you are as a mom and teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fun to see how all my little nursery friends are growing up.

    ReplyDelete