Background

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mykelle's New Song

I came home from grocery shopping today and was welcomed by hugs and kisses from my two kids.  They were so excited to see me!  What a way to get a lift after being in Walmart and Sam's Club for a few hours... I wonder when it changes that kids stop being excited when their parents come home?

Mykelle was so excited to sing to me her "new song."  She launched into it, and here are some of the words as best I can remember:

I love my Mommy, she is so sweet
I love her so much and we love each other
Forever on Earth
I love my Mommy on Earth
Indivisible I love her and we love each other
I love my Mommy

And her sweet little face, so intent on singing this song for me with a little smile and bright blue eyes...  I wanted to cry right there!  So I told her she was amazing and tried to sear the memory into my mind.  I am going to see if she'll sing another version of it later that I can record and try adding it to the blog...  That bit of tech might just be beyond me, but I'm trying to be more creative lately so we'll see!



 Wow, that was seriously easy.  I am embarrassed that I thought it might be beyond my capabilities!  So the new Mommy Song is not quite as earnest and sweet as the first one, but you get the idea.  It was cute to see Evan trying to sing his own song because I've never really seen that (though he does a great version of Twinkle Twinkle).

7 comments:

  1. So CUTE! And I love Evan's little gut poking out of his "fat man" pj's. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a good giggle out of this. So sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a QT. She sure can sing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tessa,
    I have been following your cancer blog and I just was catching up on your family blog. What a great example you are to your sweet little family and everyone around you. You have been such an inspiration to me as you have been through this cancer journey. You are doing such an awesome job as you are raising little family. The pink waffles is such a cute idea - I am sure she totally loved them. Thank you for sharing with me and those around you that care. Debbie Reeder (Ashlee's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me follow your cancer journey blog. You are so inspiring, and have such a great attitude. Love the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was very cool. I did enjoy Evan giving singing a shot, and Mykelle was fun to watch and hear as she composed her song. Nice to see Adam in the background and hear your [Tessa's] voice: a whole family affair. Good job on all your posts.
    Skip

    ReplyDelete
  7. The next class you should sign her up for is choir.

    ReplyDelete