Background

Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Night with the Wingers

  Friday nights at the Winger household aren't usually too crazy, but tonight was fun.  Adam came home to two cranky kids and me filling a pinata with candy for Mykelle's "Fabulous Four Year Olds" party tomorrow... No dinner.  What, me cook on a Friday night??  No way.  But, since Adam had already eaten pizza for a lunch party at work, dinner was a tough one.  We decided to head to a fast food place with a play area so the kids could get out and Adam and I could maybe have a conversation. 

   On our way there we passed a carnival in a parking lot on Route 46- Adam said, "Hey, we should go there!" and I said, "Yeah, we should!" So he swerved and turned into the lot.  It was so fun!  And how strange to see this carnival of rides, games, and unhealthy fair type food in the middle of a shopping center.  Maybe it's a New Jersey thing?  I've seen it there before and it's a fundraiser for the police department.  We went on two rides, played a few games, and won some prizes.  And we had dessert first- a funnel cake! 


   Evan won a snake doing the ring toss and marshmallow toss into glasses.  When we went home and had the kids in the bath Evan had to take the snake with him.  He was really into swimming the snake around in the tub when he started saying, "Ahhhh, the snake eat my penis!" with corresponding actions.  Adam and I had a good laugh, it's funny what a two-year-old comes up with on his own! 


   Mykelle had her 4 year well-child check today.  She didn't do so well... she failed the hearing tests, couldn't do the eye tests,  wasn't able to pee into the cup ( "Ewww, that's gross Mom!"), is in the 90th percentile for BMI, which is considered "overweight," screamed like crazy when she received her Tetanus shot, and could not get her MMR vaccine because I am not allowed to be around children recently vaccinated with live-virus vaccines.  Poor girl!  She failed the hearing test very likely because she has a slight cold with fluid in her ears and the eye test was performed by an incompetent nurse.  And as far as the overweight thing goes, she's FOUR!  She is just big for her age and will be just fine.  However, I could probably stop with the pizza/fast food Fridays- for all of us, and not just her! :)  I am supposed to treat her for ear infections, then bring her back in two weeks to see if she passes the hearing test.  I imagine she'll pass with flying colors.

   Mykelle has said some of the funniest things lately.  Here are a few of them: 

Adam asked her, "Is Mommy mean sometimes?" and she answered, "Mommy pretends to be mean sometimes.  She's really nice." Good answer huh?  Smart girl.

The other day Mykee fell and scraped her knees a bit getting out of the car.  She started inching along toward the house and said, "I have to walk really slow because I have ouchy legs like Grandma."  I hope Mom thinks that's funny because I did!  She was walking so painstakingly slow- it was so sweet!

Evan pushed Mykelle playfully and she started crying.  She yelled, "Evan pushed me!  Please give me a hug Evan, because you pushed me?"  So he hugged her and she immediately started smiling through her tears and said, "We're best friends!" 

Evan and his advancing language skills is quite funny to listen to also.  Both he and Mykelle have been intrigued by witches lately, after watching the movie, Witches.   Evan pretends to be turning into a mouse like the boy in the movie and he starts twirling in circles while slowly "shrinking" down to the ground saying, "A mouse!  I turning into a mouse!"  Then he usually turns himself back into "Emen" again.  We were at the mall the other day and Evan was so surprised by the mannequins that didn't have any heads.  He pointed and said, "Witches- turn me into stone and cut off my head?"  How do you answer that question and still keep a straight face when he's looking at you so earnestly??  Adam and I got a good laugh later after we told him that witches wouldn't do that to him.  He seemed to accept that answer well enough. 

The other night Evan and Mykelle were brushing their teeth after being in the bathtub so they didn't have any clothes on yet.  I finished up with brushing Mykelle's teeth when I turned to Evan.  I couldn't see his toothbrush!  I turned to Adam and asked if he'd taken it when Evan asked, "In my bum?"  Adam and I slowly turned to Evan with eyes wide... Is his toothbrush in his BUM?!!  Why yes, it is.  Where else would a naked two year old boy think to put a toothbrush?  At least he was clean after the bath and he used the end without the bristles...  I love my son, but I wonder how my mom did it with three boys! 

4 comments:

  1. HA HA HA HA!!! Your kids crack me up! Love em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped at that fair! I've thought of doing it so many times, but never actually have.

    I love the precious kid moments you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you get to experience the fun things boy's like to do like pee in their sister's Barbie pool. (Was Zack the one that did that?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe it was both of my precious younger brothers who did that. I remember being pretty upset too! I'm amazed you handled us as well as you did Mom!

    ReplyDelete