Background

Monday, September 5, 2011

3 Day Potty Training

I know I only have two kids but I've had success with potty training both in 3 days!  I'd like to think I'm just a super awesome mother, but it's more likely that I have really amazing children :)


I've spent the last year showing Evan how to go on the "big potty" and talking/reading about it, but I've not been ready to train him until we made it back from Utah (winter was difficult with being sick and summer was difficult with being in Utah).  I decided to start on a Monday and spend three days at home with Evan, the first two with him naked from the waste down.  We had some good progress those first two days- one pee on the floor while he was busy making a card for his BFF and one poop on the wall outside while he was playing with his BFF!  The third day was with him in his undies and we had a couple of sprinkles where he started to go but remembered to run to the bathroom soon after.  Since then he's been dry during naptime and at night!  Pooping on the potty hasn't been a problem- except that he grabs his bum and complains that it hurts while we're in public... And just like that- no more diapers!!!

Evan showing poop on his fingers... made you look! :)

Evan does like to say "Bombs away!" when he flushes his poops down the toilet.  And when he passed a little gas on the pot and asked where his "little poops" were I had to explain that his little poops were just gas that came out of his bum and made that sound.  He looked at me funny and said, "Gas that goes in the car?"  I had to laugh and explain the different kinds of gas :)

1 comment: