Background

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"My Bad Mean Dream Last Week"

   

I asked Evan if he'd slept well and if he had good dreams last night.  He answered, "No, I had a bad mean dream last week.  And you were in it, and me, and Mykee, and Daddy, and Gracie, and Andrew, and Johnny, and Kate, and me, and YOU!  I got hit in the head [he hit's himself here, quite forcefully in the face] and blood started COMING OUT OF MY NECK!!  That was my bad mean dream last week."  All of this he tells with big round eyes and a lot of energy.  He never says he has good dreams either, though I think he's just making stuff up- right?



    Mykee had a dream a couple weeks ago where she woke up screaming.  After getting her settled down she told us how she had her head taken off by a witch and a doll head was put on top of her neck.  Sounds pretty scary to me!  And I don't know where she's getting this- I promise we're not letting our kids watch Chucky! :)



    Evan and Mykelle have been enjoying preschool quite a bit so far (though they've only had three class days).  It's crazy to look at Mykee and see how much she's changed over the last year.  Mykelle was similar to Evan- jumping and rolling around, unable to sit and listen to a story for more than 2 minutes.  Now she's wonderful!  So here's to hoping Evan and Johnny pick it up this year too!  They have class tomorrow, we'll see if anything improves.

    Meanwhile, I've been trying to enjoy my time without both kids, and it hasn't happened!  True, I've only had two days with a total of 4 hours... But it seems like I'm running around doing errands in that short amount of time and then I have to go pick them up!  I love my kids but I can't help longing for the days when both kids will be in school all day long!  And then I question my choice of waiting until each child is six to start school...  Maybe if I move to a place that has 1/2 day Kindergarten instead of full day I could change my mind.



    Adam has been busy as can be at work.  He has two student workers to help him but it's not enough.  He's also started grad school (again!) so he has to go to class three times a week along with all of the studying involved.  Also, he is teaching 8 class periods for an engineering class this semester.  On top of all of this AND his job requirements, he's been asked to write a chapter of a "How To" book on libraries and a book proposal to some publishers.  Yeah, he's pretty amazing!  With all of this he can still find time to be with us on evenings and weekends!

3 comments:

  1. Utah has half day kindergarten.... Just sayin... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully that nightmare stuff will decrease in frequency by age 7 or 8; that's usually/often the case. Good luck.. Loved your pictures in this post; everyone is so good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adam you really are AMAZING and AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete