Background

Friday, May 27, 2011

25 Days to Utah!

Thought I'd write with an update, though I'm sad I don't have any new pictures.  We had a good Friday- a little cleaning around the house this morning, two visits to the park, dinner at a good little pizza joint, a long nap (for the kids), and a relaxing evening after the kids fell asleep.  I like days like today!  And it's been so warm- 84 today and humid- I am SO excited that I'll be in Utah for the the two hottest months in NJ!

This week has been pretty uneventful, and we don't have any huge plans for the holiday weekend either.  Mykelle and Evan have been their usual cute selves.  Mykelle is really into showing her "Ninja" skills- she yells the numbers 1-10 in Japanese while punching, and then looks so self-satisfied!  She loves her Karate class, and the dance class is her second favorite.  She always acts like she enjoys soccer when we talk about it, but then class time rolls around and she wants to go home after 1/2 an hour.  I do think a full hour is too long for a four year old to be playing soccer.

Evan is finally showing some interest in learning his colors!  He has mostly known them before today, but wasn't always consistent.  The other day he came out of the bedroom (they aren't allowed to come out in the morning until the clock says 7AM) and started telling me the colors of all the things around him.  And he was right!  I love the proud look he had on his face!  He's also very proud of his ability to recite the ABC's- the LMNOP part usually turns into "bop-bop-bop-bop-bee," but he's doing well!  Potty training, on the other hand, not going so well... He has no desire to go on the big potty!  We're slowly working on it though.

I went to the ENT doctor this week to have my tonsil looked at (since it lit up slightly on the PET scan last month).  I wasn't going to go because I figured an ENT wouldn't be able to determine much by looking at an enlarged tonsil that otherwise appears normal.  BUT, my mother was kind of freaking out.  So, I made a deal with her:  She gets checked for Lyme Disease and I go for the tonsil.  Deal made!  I went on Tuesday only to hear just what I expected, nothing to be done except wait until the next PET scan in August.  Mom went today only to hear her doctor say that Lyme Disease doesn't exist in Utah (interesting, since CDC information reports otherwise...)  though she's still getting tested to satisfy our curiosity.

Adam is applying for a job in Utah.  It's odd to have such conflicting emotions about it.  I would love to go back to Utah to be with family and friends, and it's a job I know Adam would love.  However, Adam would likely have to take a pay cut, and future career opportunities would be quite restricted (but then, would it be worth it to be close to family and a part of the local community?).  I really like being here in NJ and look forward to the opportunities available out here, as well as the friends and community I've become attached to.  I guess we'll take it as it comes, one step at a time!

4 comments:

  1. We like you being here in NJ! But if you go, we will be happy for you and thankful for the internet :) Thanks for getting me into shape! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Mykelle is in karate class. I want all my hypothetical children to do martial arts. It's so good for confidence building.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really??? A visit to Utah in your near future? And possibly a MOVE??? That would be great! I'd love to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karate has been wonderful for Mykee! She absolutely loves it, you're right Erin, about it being a confidence builder.

    Linda- Yes! Going to Utah in two weeks for two months! The move option... still way up in the air- give us another month and maybe we'll know more :)

    ReplyDelete