Background

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Mother's Day


Mother's Day Eve I went in to tuck the kids in after they'd been read to by Adam.  I had heard them in the bedroom giggling and laughing and having fun.  When I went to Mykee's bed she said, "I have a secret and I can't tell you!"  Well, she has been very good at keeping secrets in the past so I asked her if she could WHISPER the secret to me... And she did!  "We have EIGHT balloons for you, some new shoes, and some candy!"  I laughed really hard, and she kept saying it was a secret and I would see it all in the morning.  Then I went to Evan's bed.  He said he also had a secret, then told me I had candy and shoes!  Adam scolded them and they laughed through the whole thing.

Morning came and I was allowed to "sleep in" until 7:30 while Adam and the kids made breakfast:  Jiffy blueberry muffins, eggs, and cantaloupe.  YUM!  After breakfast I was given 8 balloons and some a present.  Pretty needless to say, I was given some candy and SHOES!

Adam had asked the kids what they wanted to say to me in my MDay card.  Here's what Mykelle said, "You are the best Mommy in the whole world.  I love you.  I love to give a flower to you Mommy.  I love to give you brand new shoes all the time, indivisible.  I sing beautiful witch songs.  I love to give her a brand new pillow.  My Mommy is so beautiful I will grow up big like my Mommy.  I will give you a brand new white thing like a book.  Mommy could be so happy."  From Evan, "Mommy presents... Share candy... Toolbox... Morning."   Best card ever!

1 comment:

  1. It's obvious Mykee wants to be just like her beautiful Mommy. I wish I could be just like her beautiful Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete