Background

Friday, May 6, 2011

Springtime Fun

Before I begin, a warning:  Do not scroll down if you have a queasy stomach easily upset by vomit in pictures...

   My poor little girl had a stomach ache the other morning after eating breakfast.  She kept telling me her stomach hurt but in my experience that meant she had to go to the bathroom.  So I sat her on the pot and, "Nothing's coming out Mom!!"  I told her that sometimes when I'm feeling sick I cuddle up on the couch under a blanket.  She did that for awhile then came back to the bathroom saying she thought she was going to throw up.  Right, I thought, I have heard that one before!  So I sat her on the pot again where she proceeded to almost immediately throw up on the rug in front of her!


I deserved having to clean that up right?  Should have listened to my little girl!  She was immediately happy after getting it all out of her system as you can see in the picture.  She even went on to point out the strawberries and cheerios she could see in the mess!  I was worried she'd be sick all day but that was the only incident.  Must have been the yogurt her strawberries were in...

Later that day we went on a picnic, but not too far because I was worried about Mykee.


This turned out to be a lot of fun!  Both Evan and Mykee helped make their own turkey sandwiches and packed water, raw veggies, and an orange in their lunch packs.  We walked outside and trekked through the "forest" to find a clearing for our picnic.  While eating we saw squirrels, birds, wolves (and baby wolves), deer, and bears.  Perhaps the most exciting thing we saw was a PINK talking bear hiding in the bushes that ate nothing other than my children's unwanted celery, carrots, and broccoli!!  But not Mykee's peas, because those were for her :)

After our adventure in the front yard we decided to go exploring in the backyard.

We found this wiggly worm under a stone and the kids played with and talked to him for a good
15 minutes before "freeing" him to go home.  I don't think he was moving when we left him...

Mykee playing on her new scooter (I know Mom, we will get her a helmet!)


 Today we played with the Averys at Edgemont Park and the kids came over to our place to have lunch and play in the backyard.  Evan spontaneously picked up the xylophone and started playing and singing-  I just had to post it!  And in case you were wondering, both Adam and I are awful at singing and anything resembling music, just so you know.



3 comments:

  1. Evan's so cute. I see a future American Idol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved to see that camo blanket [actually a poncho liner] that the kids sat on while they had their yard picnic. It traveled over 22,000 miles to end up in your yard in NJ [US to Vietnam and back, then on to Utah, and then to NJ]. . The pictures of the kids looked great. The throw up wasn't so appealing, but I'm glad Mykelle felt better when she got it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you put your nasty, crusty babies puke on the internet? Your child looks like she has on no underwear. I'm 12.

    ReplyDelete