Background

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day, to Mom


I love that there is a special day set aside for honoring motherhood and all who have sacrificed to be one.  It's a big job, one I thought I appreciated but never really did until I had the experience myself.  Lucky for me, I have an awesome mother who has helped me be a better person and mother myself.

My mother, Roxie, is a perfect Mom.  Seriously!  She made our childhood so fun and exciting, but still had moments of break down that enable me to look back and feel relieved that I'm not the only one :)  Through the teen years she remained friends with us and accepted teenage eccentricities without much complaint or making us feel self-consious.  But she wasn't just our friend, she still mothered, setting boundaries and rules by which we had to abide or face the consequences.   Today, she is still a wonderful mother, always caring for and thinking about others.

My brothers and I, sisters-in-law, and dad all came together with a few memories and some pictures to put together a glorified Mother's Day card for her.  I'm posting it here so all who know her can see just a fragment of what a wonderful person she is.  I love you Mom!

http://tinyurl.com/RoxiesBook


"A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; 
when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in 
our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, 
and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, 
and cause peace to return to our hearts."  ~Washington Irving


5 comments:

  1. In the family pic it looks like I have one eye on Tessa and one eye on Zack. Tessa, good dresses to audition for Little House on the Prairie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like your eyes are a little off... And don't make fun of the dress! I wasn't allowed to pick out my own clothes and besides, look what you're wearing! :) Another favorite part of the pic has to be a tie between Jesse's hair and Zack's blazer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tessa! I'm glad that things are getting somewhat back to normal for you and your family! Your kids are really so adorable. I'm glad that you have a blog now so that we can stay in touch (although I hardly ever update mine...). I love that picture of you and your mom, and the one of your family! I can't believe that our parents actually allowed us to go out in public dressed the way that we were! I love your Mom too -- I have a lot of memories of her (at your house, at Hyrum Dam, etc.). She really is a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously.. our clothes back then?? Do you remember when we both showed up in the exact same outfit our mothers had bought for us? Really bright floral bermuda shorts with a big baggy t-shirt with some floral on it too... pretty awesome!

    I love reading your blog, when you DO update, so keep it up! Hope you're doing well-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Tessa, for putting the coolest Mother's Day card together for me. It is awesome and makes me cry every time I read it. I don't feel like I was the best mother when I see how much better of a mother you are! I love and miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete